Tuesday, November 17, 2009

40 more days

I have been trying to take several 10-15 minute walks a week to get my heart in better shape. Seems so weird for me to even say that. Before I was diagnosed, I was training twice a day for a figure/fitness competition. I was in very good shape and did 45 min to an hour of cardio a day. Makes me sad to think that I have got to this point....the point where I can barely make the 15 min walk, before my legs start itching so badly that I want to cry.

My walk today was great. I take my walks in our city cemetery. It is very pretty. I drive over to it and take a different route each time. Today the sky was so pretty, the weather was perfect and it was just so peaceful.

During my walk I thought about the fact that time goes so fast. I only have 40 days until my surgery. I have my list made and have been slowly checking it off as time allows. With Christmas coming and not having a job, it hasn't been easy. Thank goodness for Gary and his job!

During my walk I also had a talk with GOD. Praying to him to please let me live to see my girls live their lives. To watch them graduate, marry, have babies.

Next year is a huge year for us. We have Christmas, surgery, grandbaby coming, daughter graduating high school, daughter graduating college, daughter entering high school. I pray that I am here and this surgery makes me feel better. Makes me a stronger mom, wife, daughter, sister, and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment