Saturday, July 30, 2011

September 7, 2010 Tethered Cord Surgery SUCCESS

forgot to mention on the previous blog that the failed attempt was in July of 2010....

so I got the nerve and rescheduled the surgery for September 7, 2010.

Again, the family and I show up at the CC surgery center. Waiting room wait wasn't long AT ALL.

Took me back....I know the routine now... and I actually did do it myself because noone was waiting on me and I couldn't find a freaking nurse anywhere....my husband had to go and find me one!!!! put on my gown, took the cup, went down and pee'd in the cup.....this time....no IV....they were "too busy" nurse finally came in (NO BEDSIDE MANNERS AT ALL) and did my vitals

family wasn't in there but maybe 15-20 minutes and they took me back...cause guess what ???? I was FIRST!!!!

so, they took me out in MY hallway ( I think I deserve to call it MY hallway) LOL
and worked on my IV....and I mean work.....I have never had anyone have a hard time with IVs on me but it took 2 nurses a doctor, finally the anesthiologist got one in each arm and said he would fix them once I was asleep.... they put a lot more in once your asleep anyway and alot deeper....

they wheeled me into the surgery room to get those ivs in....I was starting to get nervous....seeing all of the people. I had already met the "team" but there were a lot more than that. just big, cold and very bright room.

I remember them quickly putting the mask on me and I was fighting (not trying to fight) the gas and then don't remember a thing....last thing I remember was them telling me to relax

next thing I remember is someone saying my name.....a male nurse in recovery...I woke up in pain. He asked if I was in pain....YES...so he put more meds in.

then awhile later, some guy came and said that 2 of my family members could come back and he would bring them back soon. He brought my mom and sister. They just stayed a minute. (I think)

I vaguely remember them wheeling me to my room....I do remember seeing my family members. I remember that some of my family members only stayed long enough to make sure I was ok and I was sad cause I needed them there. (emotionally)

The rest of my days there were HORRIBLE!! the staff was horrible. I had 2 out of 10 nurses/aides that were good. I had a transporter who took me for my ultrasound of my legs literally run me into the walls and then laugh about it as I lay crying on the stretcher/

1 comment:

  1. Gina!!! I'm so happy to see a post from you!! I have been a little worried!! How are you now? Was the surgery a success? I know it's only been 11 months, but I hope you are well on the road to recovery!! Huge healing hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete