Saturday, July 30, 2011

1st Tethered Cord Surgery date FAIL!!

had to be at hospital at 9 in morning

went in for my surgery with my family in tow. My mom, dad, husband, daughters, granddaughter, sister. We all nervously awaited for them to call my name.

They finally called my name and once I was gowned up, IV in, vitals taken and don't forget some urine (can't be pregnant) they let my family come into the holding room with me.

The nurse tells us that I am just a few cases away from going back.
Well.....1 hour goes by, 2, 3, 4......

Not sure what they were talking about but they decided to take me to another area....and my family can come along...didn't realize till later that this is bad news...

the transporter does tell us that we are getting closer to the surgery area....BAHAHA

So, we sit there for another hour and then they take me back.....to the hallway...right outside the surgery suite

now....I am lying outside the surgery suite....by myself....

in the meantime, my family thinks that I am having surgery....but are confused at the same time because on the screens on the wall.....doesn't say the same

I am still laying there for what feels like hours.....once in a while, someone will walk by and say something to me...or ask a question.....I was feeling so alone and vulnerable... I really needed my mommy! :( someone even said something to me...I can't even remember what she said now but when she walked away....I started crying.

FINALLY someone comes out of the suite and says that they are waiting on staff to get finished with another surgery so they can start my surgery (AH HA) now I have an answer to WTH is going on!!

My doctor comes over as well, asks that person what is going on, hears about the staff, apologizes to me and clearly upsets, walks off

again, I lay there....

feels like hours.....I am lying by these huge windows and we are on the top floor of the hospital (I think) and the sky is beautiful....and I am praying to GOD....please let me make it through this surgery, please put your hands around Dr. Di's hands and also the staffs and guide them through this surgery.

later.....Dr. Di comes back, goes into the surgery suite.....comes out with a head nurse.

he tells me that they are closing up in the next suite but it will still be another hour, at least. He says that he thinks we should reschedule the surgery for everyones safety...mostly mine and that he is so sorry. He makes it very clear how upset he is about this situation. I am fine with it!! I just want to leave!!

so they wheel me back to that 2nd holding room......they go to get my family who must be thinking I am done!

they actually come running over thinking something is wrong! then to hear what happened....they were upset to hear that I lay over there for all that time....I was worried because they had to be in the waiting room all that time.....

This experience left the worse taste ever in my mouth for the CC! I wasn't sure that I would reschedule...that is for sure.

by the way....didn't leave hospital till 8 pm so was there 11 hours and NO surgery AGGGGGG

No comments:

Post a Comment